SHRIMP BISQUE IN PUFF PASTRY
- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 60
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter
- 2 Green Onions chopped
- 1 pound of shrimp, I prefer fresh, not cooked
- 2 Tablespoons of Flour
- 2 32 oz containers of Chicken Broth, warmed
- 1/2 Cup White Wine or Sherry
- 8 oz of tomato sauce*
- 16 oz container of Half and Half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 Tablespoons of fresh parsley
- Sea Salt and Fresh Pepper to taste
- 2 packages of Crescent Rolls
In a large heavy pot heat oil.
Add Shrimp and Green Onions and Saute lightly.
Remove Shrimp to plate.
Add flour and mix the roux well.
Add warm Chicken Broth and mix constantly until there are no lumps.
Add Sherry or Wine.
Add Tomato Sauce and continue to stir.
Add the Parmesan Cheese and stir until smooth. If consistency is too thin, more parmesan cheese may be added.
Chop the shrimp in 3 and add to soup.
Add parsley, salt and pepper to taste and stir well.
Simmer on low for 3 hours.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Unroll the crescent rolls and combine 2 triangles to make a rectangle, making sure the seams are sealed.
Ladle the soup into oven proof ramekins and place the Crest Rolls on top making sure it is a tight seal all the way around.
Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until pastry is puffy and golden brown.