- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 60
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter
- 2 Green Onions chopped
- 1 pound of shrimp, I prefer fresh, not cooked
- 2 Tablespoons of Flour
- 2 32 oz containers of Chicken Broth, warmed
- 1/2 Cup White Wine or Sherry
- 8 oz of tomato sauce*
- 16 oz container of Half and Half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 Tablespoons of fresh parsley
- Sea Salt and Fresh Pepper to taste
- 2 packages of Crescent Rolls
- In a large heavy pot heat oil.
- Add Shrimp and Green Onions and Saute lightly.
- Remove Shrimp to plate.
- Add flour and mix the roux well.
- Add warm Chicken Broth and mix constantly until there are no lumps.
- Add Sherry or Wine.
- Add Tomato Sauce and continue to stir.
- Add the Parmesan Cheese and stir until smooth. If consistency is too thin, more parmesan cheese may be added.
- Chop the shrimp in 3 and add to soup.
- Add parsley, salt and pepper to taste and stir well.
- Simmer on low for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and combine 2 triangles to make a rectangle, making sure the seams are sealed.
- Ladle the soup into oven proof ramekins and place the Crest Rolls on top making sure it is a tight seal all the way around.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until pastry is puffy and golden brown.
NotesIt wouldn't be a Holiday at our house without this recipe! It is truly a favorite.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More