- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tbls olive oil, seperated
- 1.5 pounds peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 leeks, cut into half moons
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 5 cloves thinly sliced garlic cloves
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas
- Heat 1 tbls olive oil in a skillet, over medium heat.
- Add shrimp *add coarse salt and fresh ground pepper to taste*.
- Saute, tossing until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Add 1 tbls olive oil and stir in the mustard seeds.
- Cook until they pop, about 30-40 seconds.
- Add leeks, carrots, and garlic.
- Cook until leeks are tender.
- Stir in 1 cup couscous, peas, and boiling water. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat, cover with lid, let sit 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and stir.
NotesI love this dish when it is hot outside! It is very light so it won't sit heavy on your stomach during those hot summer *or SPRING, if you're in the south!* nights!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Lau Family Recipes
Thanksgiving With The Singing VeganSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More