- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tbls olive oil, seperated
- 1.5 pounds peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 leeks, cut into half moons
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 5 cloves thinly sliced garlic cloves
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas
- Heat 1 tbls olive oil in a skillet, over medium heat.
- Add shrimp *add coarse salt and fresh ground pepper to taste*.
- Saute, tossing until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Add 1 tbls olive oil and stir in the mustard seeds.
- Cook until they pop, about 30-40 seconds.
- Add leeks, carrots, and garlic.
- Cook until leeks are tender.
- Stir in 1 cup couscous, peas, and boiling water. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat, cover with lid, let sit 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and stir.
NotesI love this dish when it is hot outside! It is very light so it won't sit heavy on your stomach during those hot summer *or SPRING, if you're in the south!* nights!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More