- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cups chopped canned tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato puree or 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 pounds peeled shrimp
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- a pinch of salt, pepper, and cayenne
- 2 ounces cornstarch
- Melt butter in pan & saute the pepper, onion and celery over low heat for about five minutes.
- Add the tomato puree or paste and the bay leaves to the pan and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Add your shrimp and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in water.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into the pan and simmer for five minutes.
- Pour in your remaining ingredients and allow the entire thing to simmer for another 15 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More