- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryIf you buy your shimp already peeled and deveined this meal takes 10 minutes TOTAL!!
This is supposed to be a copy cat recipe from the Olive Garden. Okay, so don't pee on yourself when you see how much butter is in this! I served this with Bertolli Three Cheese Tortellini that you get on the boxed pasta aisle so it helped use up some of the butter. Also I served this with a crusty bread and instead of buttering it we just sopped the butter off of our plates. If you are going to make this with one pound of shrimp, I suggest cutting out one stick of butter. If you choose to use 2 pounds of shrimp, you can use the full amount of butter. I am typing the recipe as it was written (full amount of butter and 1 pound of shrimp).
- 2/3 oz box of fresh basil leaves (we can't get bunches of basil here, if you can use about 10 leaves)
- 2 1/2 sticks butter (if using unsalted, increase salt to 1 tsp)
- 2-4 cloves of garlic, per your taste, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 4 Tbsp parmesan or romano cheese
- 1 pound of cheese tortellini
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Remove any large stems from basil, then mince.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic, basil, salt, pepper, and cheese. Sautee 1 minute and then add shrimp. Shrimp will be ready "when head meets tail" or about 2 on each side. If you leave the tails on, the tails will turn pink when done.
- Serve over cooked pasta.