- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound peeled cooked shrimp (21-25 per pound; thawed if frozen), tails removed, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 4-ounce cans chopped green chiles (not drained)
- 2 cups canned green enchilada sauce or green salsa, divided
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 15-ounce can nonfat refried beans
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheese, such as Mexican-style, Monterey Jack or Cheddar
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine shrimp, corn, chiles and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce (or salsa) in a microwave-safe medium bowl. Cover and microwave on High until heated through, 2 1/2 minutes.
- Spread 1/4 cup enchilada sauce (or salsa) in the prepared baking dish.
- Top with an overlapping layer of 6 tortillas. Spread refried beans evenly over the tortillas. Top the beans with the shrimp mixture, followed by the remaining 6 tortillas.
- Pour the remaining sauce (or salsa) over the tortillas.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake the enchiladas until they begin to bubble on the sides, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil; sprinkle cheese on top.
- Continue baking until heated through and the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more.
- Top with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
NotesGot this one off of Eating Well. Had a little too much liquid after sitting but good flavor.
Shrimp Enchiladas Verde Tips
Prepare through Step 3, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Allow the cold baking dish to warm slightly before placing in a hot oven.
Shrimp Enchiladas Verde Nutrition Information
Per serving: 320 calories; 9 g fat (4 g sat, 1 g mono); 136 mg cholesterol; 37 g carbohydrate; 26 g protein; 7 g fiber; 538 mg sodium.