- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- * 9 ounce uncooked fresh fettuccine
- * 1 tablespoon butter
- * 1 item small onion, diced
- * 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- * 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- * 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- * 1/4 cup no-fat chicken broth or white wine
- * 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- * 3/4 cup peeled, deveined shrimp
- * 10 ounce package light alfredo sauce (we used Buitoni)
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, bell pepper and mushrooms. Cook about 3 minutes. Add broth or wine, pepper and shrimp. Cook and stir until shrimp are pink and opaque, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in alfredo sauce until blended. Add pasta; stir gently to mix and coat. Transfer to large shallow bowl, platter or plates. Sprinkle with fresh herb.
- Optional garnish: chopped flat-leaf parsley.
- Jonell's Kitchen PASTA: Fast, Faster, Fastest! Delicious, nutritious and easy to prepare in a rush, pasta is ideal for the way we eat and live today. Cooking pasta is not much more difficult than boiling water. And you can prep other ingredients as the pasta cooks. So how fast is fast? Dried pasta like spaghetti and macaroni take about 8 minutes, while thicker sizes and shapes may take slightly longer. After 7 minutes, remove a piece and taste test. It should be tender but still chewy. If it isn't ready, cook 1 to 2 minutes more and test again. Only have a couple of minutes? That's all it takes to cook fresh pasta. And for more pasta power, both types—dried and fresh—are available as organic and specialty versions with added vegetables, like spinach and carrot, and with seasonings like herbs, black pepper and lemon.
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at Home
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More