- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1 cup spinach, cooked
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 slice onions
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 pinch mace
- 1/4 cup swiss cheese, grated
- Drain spinach; press in sieve and chop it.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter, add garlic; sauté spinach until dry.
- Season and spread in bottom of a casserole.
- Spread 2/3 shrimps on top.
- Make Béchamel sauce.
- Microwave milk (infused with bay leaf,onion, peppercorn and nutmeg).
- Drain milk.
- Combine 3 Tbsp butter and flour; add milk slowly whisking.
- Microwave 3 minutes stirring twice.
- Pour Bechamel sauce over the shrimps.
- Bake 350*- 20 minutes.
- Melt remaining butter and saute rest of shrimps.
- Arrange around the edge of casserole.
- Cover with cheese and place under broiler 4-5 minutes
NotesThis is a special treat for 2 with some fresh bread, a salad and a bottle of wine.Wow!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More