- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1 cup spinach, cooked
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 slice onions
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 pinch mace
- 1/4 cup swiss cheese, grated
- Drain spinach; press in sieve and chop it.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter, add garlic; sauté spinach until dry.
- Season and spread in bottom of a casserole.
- Spread 2/3 shrimps on top.
- Make Béchamel sauce.
- Microwave milk (infused with bay leaf,onion, peppercorn and nutmeg).
- Drain milk.
- Combine 3 Tbsp butter and flour; add milk slowly whisking.
- Microwave 3 minutes stirring twice.
- Pour Bechamel sauce over the shrimps.
- Bake 350*- 20 minutes.
- Melt remaining butter and saute rest of shrimps.
- Arrange around the edge of casserole.
- Cover with cheese and place under broiler 4-5 minutes
NotesThis is a special treat for 2 with some fresh bread, a salad and a bottle of wine.Wow!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More