- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe is by Giadi DiLaurentiis (am I spelling that right?)
- 1 lb lasagna noodles
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 - 15 oz containers whole-milk ricotta
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 c. marinara sauce
- 1 & 1/2 c. grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over high heat. Add the pasta and partially cook until tender but still firm to the bite, about 6-8 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and garlic to the pan and saute until shrimp are cooked, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Coarsely chop the cooled shrimp and place in a bowl with 2 c. ricotta cheese, the Parmesan cheese, eggs, basil, 3/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl, combine the marinara sauce with remaining 1 c. ricotta and stir to combine.
- To make lasagna, cover the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish with 1 c. marinara mixture. Lay 4 noodles flat on a dry work surface. Spread about 1/4 c. of the shrimp mixture evenly over each noodle. Roll up and place seam-side down in the baking dish. Repeat twice more to make 12 lasagna rolls.
- Drizzle the rolls with the remaining marinara mixture and top with mozzarella. Bake until lasagna rolls are heated through and cheese begins to brown, about 25 minutes.