- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 16 oz large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 16 ounces spaghetti noodles, cooked
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark toasted sesame oil, divided
- 3 cups thinly vertically sliced onion
- 5 cups broccoli florets (about 1 pound)
- 8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sesame seeds to taste (optional)
- Combine the soy sauce and shrimp; cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Drain through a sieve over a bowl, reserving soy sauce.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions, omitting the salt and fat.
- Drain and rinse; drain well.
- Toss noodles with 1 teaspoon peanut oil.
- Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli and mushrooms; stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove vegetable mixture from pan.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil in pan.
- Add shrimp, and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add the reserved soy sauce, broth, and salt, and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles, vegetable mixture, and sesame seeds, and toss well to combine.
NotesThis is one of my absolute favorite recipes. I originally got it from Cooking Light magazine, but have altered it to suit my tastes. I use sesame oil instead of peanut because the flavor is so good. And I have a heavier hand with the soy sauce, I use way more than the recipe calls for. But I usually use the low-sodium kind. And sometimes I switch it up and use chicken, steak, and different vegetables. It’s very versatile.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More