- Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- Servings: 3 to 4
- Preparation Time: 20 to 30 Minutes
BackstoryOkay so, I have a picky eater, my Miranda. Yet, she loves Seafood. Put all this together one day and it is now the recipe that she most asks for. She is such a sweety. I also throw in veggies, to the mix too, she doesn't complain either, carrots, mushrooms, broccoli to name just a few.
- 16 ounces uncooked rice or egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Medium Walla Walla Onion, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 lb shrimp, shells removed and de-veined
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Cook the noodles according to package directions; drain, set aside.
- Heat the oil and butter in skillet, then add garlic, onion and scallion; cook while stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and sauté for about 2 minutes until they begin to turn pink (don't overcook).
- Add the milk, Parmesan cheese, butter, cayenne, and lime juice and cook, stirring, about 4 to 5 more minutes until sauce is created.
- Toss the shrimp and sauce with the cooked egg noodles, serve, and enjoy!
- Scallops, lump crabmeat be careful not to break up the crab while cooking, or lobster can be substituted for the shrimp. Sneak some veggies : )