- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is a great cool and refreshing salad for when it's hot in the summer. And because it's light, you won't feel so bogged down in the summer heat after eating it.
- 1 box Tri Color Pasta
- 1 C. frozen Peas
- 1 (12 oz) bag frozen cooked Shrimp, thawed
- 1 can Water Chestnuts, drained
- 1 can sliced Black Olives, drained
- 1 Shallot, diced
- 1/4 C. 7 Seas Italian Dressing (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- * Cook pasta according to manufacturer's directions and add the peas for the last minute of cooking.
- * Meanwhile chop or slice shrimp in half or bite sized pieces. Then rinse shrimp and dry well.
- * Quarter the water chestnuts and place shrimp and water chestnuts in a large bowel. Add the shallot and olives.
- * When the pasta and peas are done, drain in a colander and add to the shrimp and water chestnuts bowel.
- * Then toss in the dressing and pepper, tossing well. Add more dressing to taste if desired.
- * Place in the fridge for a few hours to marinate.
- * Serve cold
- ~ Serves 6