BackstoryThis combination of shrimp and pesto make for a tasty seafood pizza.
Full Recipe: http://www.rhodesbread.com/recipes/view/1692
- 8 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls or 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed and risen
- 1/3 cup pesto sauce (recipe below)
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes, softened
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Combine rolls into a ball. Roll into a 16 inch circle. Place on a 15 inch sprayed pizza pan. Poke several times with a fork to prevent bubbles from forming. Bake at 400°F 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Spread with pesto. Sprinkle with 1-cup cheese. Top with shrimp and tomatoes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, onion, and pepper flakes. Bake at 400°F 10-15 minutes.
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Place all ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth, adding more oil if needed. (If made ahead, cover and chill up to 5 days, or freeze.) Makes 1 1/2 cups.