- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup semolina
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined & chopped
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded swiss
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 4 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- To prepare pastry, lightly spoon 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour and semolina flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl; cut in butter and shortening with a pastry blender or 2 knives until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Combine ice water and vinegar in a small bowl. Add water mixture to flour mixture; toss with a fork until mixture is well combined (mixture will be crumbly and will not form a ball). Press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes. Remove from oven; cool on a wire rack.
- To prepare filling, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray and sherry. Add the shrimp; cook 1 minute or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from heat. Combine cream cheese and 1/4 cup egg in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add 2 teaspoons flour; beat 1 more minute. Beat in remaining egg and milk. Add shrimp, onion. cheese, dill, and 1/8 teaspoon salt, stirring well. Pour shrimp mixture into prepared crust. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until set. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes before serving
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14See More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More