- Cooking Time: 12+ hours
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 45
BackstoryIf your looking for an alternate to shrimp cocktail or just want an appetizer for Thanks Giving, Christmas or get together that wont get in the way of a big meal this is prefect. Its light, tangy and full of flavour. serve with toast points or baguette. Refrigerate overnight to allow flavours to blend.
NOTE I had some left over and served it for dinner the next night over rice and DH and son loved it (or even try it over a salad.)
- 3 ibs fresh shrimp
- 2 1/4 cups olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 3/4 cup grainy creole mustard (I did not have this used Dijon)
- 1 1/2 cups finely choppped celery
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green onions (both green and white parts)
- 3 bay leaves
- fresh ground pepper and a salt
- chili powder (to garnish)
- paprika (to garnish)
- 1. Peel and devein shrimp then boil just until done, do not over cook. Chill until needed.
- 2. in a bowl shisk together the olive oil, vinegar, chili sauce and mustard.
- 3. add celery, green onions bay leaves.
- 4. Stir in cooled shrimp until well blended, sprinkle with paprika and chili powder.
- 5. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 6. Remove bay leaves and let Remoulade come to room tempature before serving.