- Cooking Time: 12+ hours
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 45
- 3 ibs fresh shrimp
- 2 1/4 cups olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 3/4 cup grainy creole mustard (I did not have this used Dijon)
- 1 1/2 cups finely choppped celery
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green onions (both green and white parts)
- 3 bay leaves
- fresh ground pepper and a salt
- chili powder (to garnish)
- paprika (to garnish)
- 1. Peel and devein shrimp then boil just until done, do not over cook. Chill until needed.
- 2. in a bowl shisk together the olive oil, vinegar, chili sauce and mustard.
- 3. add celery, green onions bay leaves.
- 4. Stir in cooled shrimp until well blended, sprinkle with paprika and chili powder.
- 5. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 6. Remove bay leaves and let Remoulade come to room tempature before serving.
NotesIf your looking for an alternate to shrimp cocktail or just want an appetizer for Thanks Giving, Christmas or get together that wont get in the way of a big meal this is prefect. Its light, tangy and full of flavour. serve with toast points or baguette. Refrigerate overnight to allow flavours to blend.
NOTE I had some left over and served it for dinner the next night over rice and DH and son loved it (or even try it over a salad.)
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More