- Cooking Time: 5
- Preparation Time: 5
- Avocados, halved and pitted
- Sour cream or plain yogurt
- Onion or celery, finely chopped
- Can of baby shrimp, drained
- Minced garlic
- Olive oil
- Gently sauté baby shrimp with minced garlic in olive oil and cool.
- Mix a 1 to 1 to ratio (1/4 C of each) of mayo and sour cream/yogurt.
- Stir in onion/celery, season with salt, pepper and curry (please remember curry is a steeping spice and imparts more flavor the longer it sits).
- Gently fold in shrimp and fill avocado halves with salad so it's mounding above.
- Sprinkle with a touch of paprika and serve.
- Shrimp salad can be made in advance. I like to use low fat mayo and sour cream making this even healthier than it already is!
NotesMom and Dad became friends with a couple in Puerto Vallarta several years ago and had this as a yummy appetizer one night before dinner. While I love these, I think their first experience having them was made even better sitting on a terrace overlooking the Bahia de Banderas at sunset with Andrea Bocelli playing in the background. Dad fell in love with Bocelli's music that night which made me slightly disgruntled when I reminded him I had given him a CD of Bocelli several years back!
Submitted by: "Katie Bernier"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Aunt Kiki’s Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Cauliflower Power Soup
Coconut MacaroonsSee More