- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
BackstoryThis is a quick and easy weeknight recipe, especially for those hot summer days! This recipe is very versatile and can be adjusted to fit your tastes. Try substituting Feta for the Colby, adding olives with a light vinaigrette!
Submitted by: "Candace Mowers"
- 1 cup dry macaroni (you can use elbow, bow tie, penne etc.)
- 1 cup diced Colby cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas or any vegetable you like such as broccolli florets
- 2 cups salad greens or iceberg lettuce
- 1/3 cup onion
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1 1/2 cups medium size shrimp
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups good mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Drain macaroni and mix in a large bowl with the next 7 ingredients and the dressing.
- Serve immediately.