- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb peeled and deveined large shrimp (raw; 20 to 25 per lb)
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 oz thin spaghetti
- Bring a 6- to 8-quart pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté shrimp, turning over once, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes, and transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl. Add garlic to oil remaining in skillet along with red pepper flakes, wine, salt, and pepper and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Add butter to skillet, stirring until melted, and stir in shrimp. Remove skillet from heat.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until just tender, about 3 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta-cooking water, then drain pasta in a colander. Toss pasta well with shrimp mixture in skillet adding some of reserved cooking water if necessary to keep moist.
NotesThis was delicious and so simple and fast. Adapted from Gourmet Magazine.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Blue Collar Beer Cheese Dip
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter FrostingSee More