- Cooking Time: 15-20min
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 20min
- 1lb+ 31-40ct raw Shrimps
- 1lb Fettucine
- 1 stick Butter, divided
- 4-6 cloves Garlic, chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- 2c +/- good White Wine
- 1c Cream
- 1c Parmesan
- 2tblsp Tomato Paste
- * Set lg pot of salted water to boil for pasta.
- * While water boils, and then while pasta cooks, peel shrimps.
- * Add 1/2 stick butter to separate saucepan and melt over med-low heat; add about 1/3 of chopped garlic.
- * Add other 1/2 stick to heavy skillet or to melt and add remaining garlic.
- * Slowly add cream to SAUCEPAN of sautéd garlic, whisking to incorporate, and bring to a low boil, stirring frequently to avoid scalding.
- * Add shrimps to SKILLET and stir.
- * Add wine to SKILLET and stir; cook over med heat til shrimps are pink and done and sauce is reduced, then remove from heat.
- * Add cheese and tomato paste to SAUCEPAN and whisk to incorporate.
- * Cook SAUCE til thickened; remove from heat.
- * Strain pasta and return to lg pot.
- * Toss with sauce and shrimp, adding wine sauce from skillet as needed for desired consistency. This will NOT be as thick as traditional Alfredo- it should be thinner.
- * Serve with toasted slices of bread with Brie!
NotesI had to bribe a friend into coming over and hooking up all my electronic crap recently.... he promised and backed out and promised again... hubby says WHAT'S IT GONNA TAKE... he says I DUNNO- DINNER?....... done.... this is what I made, along with some nice shrimp cocktails and french bread dipped in EVOO, with a sliver of good Brie, then toasted under the broiler for a few. YUMMY!!! It worked, as now do the stereo, DVR and PS3!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Camp Nubar Baking Class
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Walnut, Honey & Espresso Caramels
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Pizza
Rice PuddingSee More