Shrimp Scampi with Fettucine
1lb+ 31-40ct raw Shrimps
1 stick Butter, divided
4-6 cloves Garlic, chopped
Salt & Pepper
2c +/- good White Wine
2tblsp Tomato Paste
* Set lg pot of salted water to boil for pasta.
* While water boils, and then while pasta cooks, peel shrimps.
* Add 1/2 stick butter to separate saucepan and melt over med-low heat; add about 1/3 of chopped garlic.
* Add other 1/2 stick to heavy skillet or to melt and add remaining garlic.
* Slowly add cream to SAUCEPAN of sautéd garlic, whisking to incorporate, and bring to a low boil, stirring frequently to avoid scalding.
* Add shrimps to SKILLET and stir.
* Add wine to SKILLET and stir; cook over med heat til shrimps are pink and done and sauce is reduced, then remove from heat.
* Add cheese and tomato paste to SAUCEPAN and whisk to incorporate.
* Cook SAUCE til thickened; remove from heat.
* Strain pasta and return to lg pot.
* Toss with sauce and shrimp, adding wine sauce from skillet as needed for desired consistency. This will NOT be as thick as traditional Alfredo- it should be thinner.
* Serve with toasted slices of bread with Brie!
Pairs Well With
I had to bribe a friend into coming over and hooking up all my electronic crap recently.... he promised and backed out and promised again... hubby says WHAT'S IT GONNA TAKE... he says I DUNNO- DINNER?....... done.... this is what I made, along with some nice shrimp cocktails and french bread dipped in EVOO, with a sliver of good Brie, then toasted under the broiler for a few. YUMMY!!! It worked, as now do the stereo, DVR and PS3!