- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 10 stuffed peppers
- Preparation Time: Less than 30 minutes
- 10 raw shrimp
- 1/4 cup onion, finely minced
- 1/4 cup mushroom, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 T black olives, diced
- 1/4 c sweet corn (canned, fresh or frozen)
- 2 oz cream cheese, low fat
- 1/4 c Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 fresh whole jalapeno peppers
- 1 can chopped green chili
- Olive Oil
- Mrs. Dash
- 2 tablespoons Parmasan Cheese Shreeded
- Above makes about 10 stuffed peppers. Depends on how full you stuff them or how you vary the ingredients.
- Mince the onions, garlic, and mushrooms and saute them in a little olive oil over medium heat.
- When they start to soften, add raw shrimp.
- Saute until shrimp turn pink. Add corn and diced black olives.
- Remove from heat, set aside and cool.
- In a separate bowl, combine softened cream cheese with shredded cheddar. Add salt (or garlic salt) and cayenne to the cheeses.
- When shrimp and veggies have cooled mix together with your cream cheese mixture.
- Clean the jalapenos, slit one side open, and core them out. (The more seeds left in, the spicier.)
- For the best consistency, you may want to blanch these in hot water for a couple minutes before stuffing.
- Stuff each pepper with equal parts cheese mixture.
- Make sure to press one cooked shrimp inside each jalapeno.
- Lightly spray olive oil on pan before adding peppers.
- Shake a little Mrs. Dash over the stuffed jalapeno's.
- Sprinkle Parmasan Cheese over stuffed jalapeno's.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes (watch for the mixture to get bubbly and start to spill out.)
- If they turn out too spicy for your taste, serve with a little sour cream
NotesHey there, Just joined a new website in hopes of gaining a better grip on my health, weight and exercise. This is one of the recipes that I found to take to work for the usual Friday bring a snack. It's healthy, quick and easy.
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Indian Inspired STIR-FRYsSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More