- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 10 stuffed peppers
- Preparation Time: Less than 30 minutes
- 10 raw shrimp
- 1/4 cup onion, finely minced
- 1/4 cup mushroom, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 T black olives, diced
- 1/4 c sweet corn (canned, fresh or frozen)
- 2 oz cream cheese, low fat
- 1/4 c Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 fresh whole jalapeno peppers
- 1 can chopped green chili
- Olive Oil
- Mrs. Dash
- 2 tablespoons Parmasan Cheese Shreeded
- Above makes about 10 stuffed peppers. Depends on how full you stuff them or how you vary the ingredients.
- Mince the onions, garlic, and mushrooms and saute them in a little olive oil over medium heat.
- When they start to soften, add raw shrimp.
- Saute until shrimp turn pink. Add corn and diced black olives.
- Remove from heat, set aside and cool.
- In a separate bowl, combine softened cream cheese with shredded cheddar. Add salt (or garlic salt) and cayenne to the cheeses.
- When shrimp and veggies have cooled mix together with your cream cheese mixture.
- Clean the jalapenos, slit one side open, and core them out. (The more seeds left in, the spicier.)
- For the best consistency, you may want to blanch these in hot water for a couple minutes before stuffing.
- Stuff each pepper with equal parts cheese mixture.
- Make sure to press one cooked shrimp inside each jalapeno.
- Lightly spray olive oil on pan before adding peppers.
- Shake a little Mrs. Dash over the stuffed jalapeno's.
- Sprinkle Parmasan Cheese over stuffed jalapeno's.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes (watch for the mixture to get bubbly and start to spill out.)
- If they turn out too spicy for your taste, serve with a little sour cream
NotesHey there, Just joined a new website in hopes of gaining a better grip on my health, weight and exercise. This is one of the recipes that I found to take to work for the usual Friday bring a snack. It's healthy, quick and easy.
Squash Recipes: Cookbook Club
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More