- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 10 slices thin-sliced white bread, crusts removed
- 1 egg white
- 1 pound medium shrimp , peeled, deveined
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch of white pepper
- 1 tablespoon vodka
- 1/2 cup finely minced water chestnuts
- 3 scallions, minced (including green)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Cut each slice of bread into 4 triangular pieces.
- Put bread on cookie racks placed on baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes, without turning, until the bread is dried but not browned.
- Leave the oven on. Raise the oven temp to 350 degrees, and coat a non-stick baking sheet with butter.
- While the toast is drying, beat the egg white lightly.
- Dry the shrimp well with a paper towel and place in a food processor - puree.
- Add the egg white, cream, ginger, salt, pepper and vodka.
- Process until just incorporated.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the water chestnuts and scallions to the shrimp mixture, and mix just until all ingredients are combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (put ½ tsp mix in microwave for a few seconds - then taste)
- Spread 2 heaping teaspoons of the shrimp mixture on each piece of bread. (At this point, the shrimp toast can be frozen for later use.).
- Beat the 2 egg yolks together with the water, and brush the top of each triangle with the egg wash.
- Place the triangles on a greased baking sheet (or a non-stick), making sure the bottoms are coated with butter.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked through.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
50 Shades of Taste
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More