- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Salt to taste
- 2 cans (4-1/4 ounces each) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Chow mein noodles
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- Gradually add milk; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Add tomatoes and salt, stirring constantly.
- Add shrimp and peas; cook until shrimp turn pink.
- Serve with chow mein noodles; sprinkle with paprika.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More