- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1/3 cup Yellow onion, minced
- 1/3 cup Celery, minced
- 1/3 cup Carrot, minced
- 1 1/4 lbs. Shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 3/4 lb. Crab, carefully picked through for shells
- 1 1/2 cups Spinach, chopped fresh
- 3/4-1 lb. Lasagna sheets
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 4 Tbsp. Flour
- 2 cups Cream
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Robert Rothschild Farm Emerald Isle Onion Dill Horseradish Dip
- 1 cup Gruyere or white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2-3/4 lb. Ricotta cheese, softened
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1. Melt butter in a large sauté pan. Add onion, celery and carrot and sauté until tender. Dice shrimp and crab, add to sauté pan and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add fresh spinach, mix well, remove from heat and set aside.
- 2. Bring a pot of water to boil. Add lasagna pasta sheets and cook until almost finished (should still be a little al dente). Drain well. Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Whisk in flour to form roux. Slowly whisk in the cream and milk to form a cream sauce. Add Emerald Isle Onion Dill Horseradish Dip and Gruyere cheese.
- 3. Grease bottom and sides of a 9x13 inch baking dish with butter. Place a little cheese sauce in the bottom of the pan, then line with 1 layer of pasta sheets. Spread all the ricotta cheese on the pasta sheets. Spoon 1/3 of cheese sauce and then half of the seafood mixture on top of ricotta cheese. Top with another layer of pasta sheets. Pour another 1/3 of cheese sauce and remaining seafood mixture on top. Top with final layer of pasta sheets.
- 4. Spread remaining cheese sauce on top and sprinkle with some parmesan cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes in a 350 degrees F oven. Remove foil and bake an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Emerald Isle Onion Dill Horseradish Dip can be bought online at Robert Rothschild Farm online store