- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 6 oz uncooked linguine
- 1 1b uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deviened
- 1/2 C chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 T olive oil
- 3 C sliced plum tomatoes
- 1/2 C white wine or chicken broth
- 1 T tomato paste
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 C feta cheese
- 2 T minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the shrimp, onion and garlic in oil for 3-5 minutes until shrimp turn pink.
- Add the tomatoes, wine or broth, tomato paste, oregano, salt and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Drain linguine; top with shrinp mixture. Sprinkle with feta and parsley.
- 1 C shrimp mixture with 3/4 C linguine is 348 calories, 7 g fat, 4 g fiber.
NotesI made this last night and it was really really good. It's out of the latest Light and Tasty. I am including the recipe as published, though I made some changes and additions last night such as using whole wheat pasta, a little butter in the sauce, fresh basil with the parsley, and probably more cheese than was called for, making the recipe more tasty but less light!
1 C shrimp mixture with 3/4 C linguine is 348 calories, 7 g fat, 4 g fiber.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
The Social CookbookSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More