- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI made this last night and it was really really good. It's out of the latest Light and Tasty. I am including the recipe as published, though I made some changes and additions last night such as using whole wheat pasta, a little butter in the sauce, fresh basil with the parsley, and probably more cheese than was called for, making the recipe more tasty but less light!
1 C shrimp mixture with 3/4 C linguine is 348 calories, 7 g fat, 4 g fiber.
- 6 oz uncooked linguine
- 1 1b uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deviened
- 1/2 C chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 T olive oil
- 3 C sliced plum tomatoes
- 1/2 C white wine or chicken broth
- 1 T tomato paste
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 C feta cheese
- 2 T minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the shrimp, onion and garlic in oil for 3-5 minutes until shrimp turn pink.
- Add the tomatoes, wine or broth, tomato paste, oregano, salt and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Drain linguine; top with shrinp mixture. Sprinkle with feta and parsley.
- 1 C shrimp mixture with 3/4 C linguine is 348 calories, 7 g fat, 4 g fiber.