- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Rest of the ingredients:
- 13 oz penne pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb small cooked shrimp
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 3 1/2 oz bocconcini, thinly sliced
- 4 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1. For the pesto dressing, process all the ingredients together in a food processor unitl smooth.
- 2. Cook pasta in a large pan of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well, return to pan and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil. Let it cool.
- 3. Peel and clean the shrimp. Heat a medium skillet, add in remaining olive oil. Toss in the shrimp and the wine. Cook the shrimp until it turns opaque, about 2-3 minutes.
- 4. Place the pasta, shrimp, bocconcini and tomatoes in a large serving bowl and pour in the dressing. Toss together well and garnish with basil leaves to serve.
- PS: For a vegetarian version, just omit the shrimp.
NotesIt is the fresh ingredients that makes this simple dish so good. This is a classic combination of tomatoes, basil and fresh mozarella cheese ... almost reminds me of the Margherita :)
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More