- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryIt is the fresh ingredients that makes this simple dish so good. This is a classic combination of tomatoes, basil and fresh mozarella cheese ... almost reminds me of the Margherita :)
- For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Rest of the ingredients:
- 13 oz penne pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb small cooked shrimp
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 3 1/2 oz bocconcini, thinly sliced
- 4 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1. For the pesto dressing, process all the ingredients together in a food processor unitl smooth.
- 2. Cook pasta in a large pan of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well, return to pan and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil. Let it cool.
- 3. Peel and clean the shrimp. Heat a medium skillet, add in remaining olive oil. Toss in the shrimp and the wine. Cook the shrimp until it turns opaque, about 2-3 minutes.
- 4. Place the pasta, shrimp, bocconcini and tomatoes in a large serving bowl and pour in the dressing. Toss together well and garnish with basil leaves to serve.
- PS: For a vegetarian version, just omit the shrimp.