- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 12 ounces fresh or frozen peeled and deveined cooked shrimp or tub-style firm tofu, drained and cubed
- * 2 3-ounce packages shrimp- or mushroom-flavored ramen noodles
- * 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil or cooking oil
- * 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- * 1 medium red or yellow sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
- * 3/4 cup fresh pea pods, strings and tips removed, or 1/2 of a 6-ounce package frozen pea pods, thawed
- * 2 cups chopped bok choy
- * 1/3 cup sliced green onions (4)
- * 1/4 cup bottled hoisin or stir-fry sauce
- * 1/4 cup orange juice
- * 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- * 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen, removing tails. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside. In a 3-quart saucepan cook noodles with seasoning packet according to package directions. Drain noodles. Return noodles to pan and toss with toasted sesame oil. Snip through noodles several times with kitchen scissors. Set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add sweet pepper strips; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add pea pods and bok choy; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add shrimp or tofu, green onions, hoisin sauce, orange juice, and crushed pepper, if using; cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- 3. To serve, place noodles on serving plates. Spoon the shrimp mixture over noodles and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Makes 4 servings.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream
Chicken with Asparagus and Pine Nuts
Bacon And Cabbage SoupSee More