- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 12 ounces fresh or frozen peeled and deveined cooked shrimp or tub-style firm tofu, drained and cubed
- * 2 3-ounce packages shrimp- or mushroom-flavored ramen noodles
- * 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil or cooking oil
- * 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- * 1 medium red or yellow sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
- * 3/4 cup fresh pea pods, strings and tips removed, or 1/2 of a 6-ounce package frozen pea pods, thawed
- * 2 cups chopped bok choy
- * 1/3 cup sliced green onions (4)
- * 1/4 cup bottled hoisin or stir-fry sauce
- * 1/4 cup orange juice
- * 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- * 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen, removing tails. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside. In a 3-quart saucepan cook noodles with seasoning packet according to package directions. Drain noodles. Return noodles to pan and toss with toasted sesame oil. Snip through noodles several times with kitchen scissors. Set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add sweet pepper strips; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add pea pods and bok choy; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add shrimp or tofu, green onions, hoisin sauce, orange juice, and crushed pepper, if using; cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- 3. To serve, place noodles on serving plates. Spoon the shrimp mixture over noodles and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Makes 4 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Coca-Cola Biscuits from Southern Biscuits Cookbook
Summer Stone Sangria
Beef & Broccoli over Hong Kong Pan Fried NoodlesSee More