- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Ingredients (Shrimp)
- 10-14 large uncooked shrimp
- red bell pepper (6 julienne slices)
- green bell pepper (6 julienne slices)
- ¼ onion (julienne cut)
- 1 jalapeno (diced)
- 3 sundried tomatoes (diced) or grape tomatoes halved
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- Bacon can be added at finish if desired
- Ingredients (Grits Alfredo)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup water
- ⅔ cup polenta (or grits)
- ¼ pkg cream cheese
- ¼ stick butter
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 6 sprigs fresh cilantro (chopped)
- Shrimp Directions
- Saute shrimp, red & green bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, over medium heat
- after about 2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and heavy whipping cream.
- Continue cooking until juices are reduced to about ½
- Grits Directions
- Combine water, heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, and butter to a boil.
- Slowly stir in grits
- Reduce to low heat, continue to occasionally stir until grits are thick & creamy
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and chopped cilantro
- Plate Shrimp on top of alfredo grits
NotesNow matter where the MidLife Road Trip travels to, Rick is bound and determined to try Shrimp and Grits. Born and raised in the south, he truly is a shrimp and grits devotee and has developed his recipe. Watch your waistline and grab the defibrillator this recipe isn't for the diet conscious.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream
Chicken with Asparagus and Pine Nuts
Bacon And Cabbage SoupSee More