- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 60
- Pie crust in a 9 or 10 inch pan
- 1 small leek, cleaned and sliced thin
- 6 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces shrimp, well drained
- Saute the mushrooms and leek in the butter in a small covered pan until the leeks begin to soften. Drain the pan of butter and liquid.
- Combine the milk, eggs, and salt, whisking until well blended.
- Spread the mushrooms, leeks, and shrimp on the pie crust.
- Pour the milk and eggs over all.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean in the middle.
NotesI can't seem to keep my hands off it since I made it last night which must mean it's the best I've made yet. The baking time can vary greatly depending on the diameter of your pie pan. A 10" glass pan only took 35 minutes but a 9" might take at least ten minutes longer. I used wild-harvested Oregon shrimp to keep my conscience clean.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More