SHRIMP WITH BOK CHOY AND GINGER
- 6 baby bok choy, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled, and deveined
- 1/3 cup fresh tangerine or orange juice
- 1/3 cup Asian sweet chili sauce
- 12 strips tangerine peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
Cover bottom of large skillet with 1/2 inch water.
Add bok choy; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Cover; cook over high heat until bok choy is tender, about 5 minutes.
Arrange bok choy around edge of platter.
Boil liquid in skillet until reduced to glaze, about 1 minute; pour over bok choy.
Mix shrimp and next 5 ingredients in medium bowl.
Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in skillet over high heat.
Add onions and ginger.
Sauté 1 minute.
Add shrimp mixture.
Toss until shrimp are just opaque in center, about 3 minutes.
Using slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to the platter with bok choy on it.
Cook sauce until thickened, about 2 minutes. Spoon sauce over shrimp.