- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe truly brings back memories of my mom's cooking. There's nothing like the crunch of tempura and a sweet and spicy sauce to give it a kick.
- 1 qt vegetable oil
- 1 cup tempura batter mix
- 3/4 cup water, ice cold
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp yellow onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 large jalapeño, thinly sliced
- In a medium pot, heat the oil on medium. (The oil is ready when you place a chopstick in the bottom of the pot and when tilting the chopstick, bubbles float to the surface.)
- Whisk together the tempura batter mix and water in a bowl. Coat 4-6 shrimps in the batter at a time and fry until golden brown in the oil. Do not overcrowd the pot, and when done, place the shrimp on a plate that is lined with paper towels.
- Using a small sauce pot, combine the onion, garlic, water, honey and jalapeno and heat on medium-high until it comes to a boil and continue to boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the tempura shrimp with a drizzle of the sauce.
Berks Catholic PTO Fall 2015 Recipe Auction
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Easy Halloween Cookies
Best Boiled Egg
Original Grape Nuts Bread Recipe from 1940’sSee More