- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 qt vegetable oil
- 1 cup tempura batter mix
- 3/4 cup water, ice cold
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp yellow onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 large jalapeño, thinly sliced
- In a medium pot, heat the oil on medium. (The oil is ready when you place a chopstick in the bottom of the pot and when tilting the chopstick, bubbles float to the surface.)
- Whisk together the tempura batter mix and water in a bowl. Coat 4-6 shrimps in the batter at a time and fry until golden brown in the oil. Do not overcrowd the pot, and when done, place the shrimp on a plate that is lined with paper towels.
- Using a small sauce pot, combine the onion, garlic, water, honey and jalapeno and heat on medium-high until it comes to a boil and continue to boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the tempura shrimp with a drizzle of the sauce.
NotesThis recipe truly brings back memories of my mom's cooking. There's nothing like the crunch of tempura and a sweet and spicy sauce to give it a kick.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More