Shrimp with Linguini
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 pound shell-on shrimp, shelled (save shells)
6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
4 cloves garlic, minced
2½ cups (2 large) leeks, sliced thin (white and pale green only)
¼ cup pepperoncini, stemmed and sliced thin
1 teaspoon oregano
2 teaspoons lemon zest
¼ cup white wine
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 pound linguini pasta
1 teaspoon parsley for garnish
1. Put shrimp shells in a small saucepan with 1¾ cups water and salt; bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes or longer until liquid is reduced to 1 cup. Strain liquid into a cup, pressing on shells to extract liquid.
2. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp and sauté for 2 minutes. Remove shrimp.
3. Reduce heat to low and heat remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil; add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add leeks, pepperoncini, oregano, and lemon zest; cover and cook until soft (about 3 minutes).
Uncover and add wine, lemon juice, and shell liquid; increase heat to medium-high and boil about 2 minutes, or until reduced to half. Remove from heat.
4. Cook pasta until tender yet firm to the bite. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of liquid.
5. Add shrimp and pasta to skillet with sauce; toss well. Add enough cooking liquid to moisten if needed.
6. Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with parsley.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Pasta