- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. boneless tender beef steak (sirloin, rib eye, or top loin)
- 2 Tbls. cornstarch
- 3 Tbls. Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2/3 Cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 3 Tbls. vegetable oil, divided
- 1/4 lb. green onions with tops, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces, separate whites from tops
- Cut beef across grain into thin slices, then into strips. Combine
- 2 Tbls. each cornstarch and soy sauce with sugar. Crushed red pepper and garlic in medium bowl; stir in beef. Let stand 20 minutes. Meanwhile, combine water, remaining soy sauce and 1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch; set aside. Heat 2 Tbls. oil in hot wok or large skillet over high heat. Add beef and stir-fry 1 minute; remove. Heat remaining 1 Tbls. oil in same pan; add whites of green onions, and stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in beef, soy sauce mixture and green onion tops. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens. Serve immediately. Very appetizing when served with rice or Egg fu Yung.
NotesThis is a terrific recipe and I found it in the Kikkoman Chinese cookbook.