- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is a terrific recipe and I found it in the Kikkoman Chinese cookbook.
- 1 lb. boneless tender beef steak (sirloin, rib eye, or top loin)
- 2 Tbls. cornstarch
- 3 Tbls. Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2/3 Cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 3 Tbls. vegetable oil, divided
- 1/4 lb. green onions with tops, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces, separate whites from tops
- Cut beef across grain into thin slices, then into strips. Combine
- 2 Tbls. each cornstarch and soy sauce with sugar. Crushed red pepper and garlic in medium bowl; stir in beef. Let stand 20 minutes. Meanwhile, combine water, remaining soy sauce and 1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch; set aside. Heat 2 Tbls. oil in hot wok or large skillet over high heat. Add beef and stir-fry 1 minute; remove. Heat remaining 1 Tbls. oil in same pan; add whites of green onions, and stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in beef, soy sauce mixture and green onion tops. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens. Serve immediately. Very appetizing when served with rice or Egg fu Yung.