- Cooking Time: 10 or so
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1/2 Tbl. Margarine or Butter.
- 2 Tbl. chopped Onion
- 1 Cup (or more) sliced canned or fresh Mushrooms
- 2 Tbl. Flour
- 1/4 Tsp. Pepper
- 2 Tbl. Sherry or Marsala
- 1/2 Tsp. Worcestershire
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth (or Boullion)
- 1 6 oz. Can minced Clams, and their broth
- 2 Cups Half & Half
- Optional: Chopped Chives and Parsley.
- In a soup pot, melt butter.
- Add onions mushrooms and pepper; cooking till onions are translucent.
- Sprinkle flour over all then stir and cook for a minute.
- Deglaze with the Marsala, then immediately add the chicken stock & Worcestershire, stirring until it comes to a boil and is slightly thickened.
- Allow to simmer for a couple of minutes, then add the clams and their broth, and the half & half.
- Bring soup back to almost boiling before serving.
- NOTE: As with any dairy-based soup, do not allow to boil, or it will separate.
- This soup tastes even better if made the day before serving, to allow flavors to develop.
NotesThis is my adaptation of a delicious soup offered at a small Italian restaurant in Bradford, VT.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More