- Cooking Time: 10 or so
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1/2 Tbl. Margarine or Butter.
- 2 Tbl. chopped Onion
- 1 Cup (or more) sliced canned or fresh Mushrooms
- 2 Tbl. Flour
- 1/4 Tsp. Pepper
- 2 Tbl. Sherry or Marsala
- 1/2 Tsp. Worcestershire
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth (or Boullion)
- 1 6 oz. Can minced Clams, and their broth
- 2 Cups Half & Half
- Optional: Chopped Chives and Parsley.
- In a soup pot, melt butter.
- Add onions mushrooms and pepper; cooking till onions are translucent.
- Sprinkle flour over all then stir and cook for a minute.
- Deglaze with the Marsala, then immediately add the chicken stock & Worcestershire, stirring until it comes to a boil and is slightly thickened.
- Allow to simmer for a couple of minutes, then add the clams and their broth, and the half & half.
- Bring soup back to almost boiling before serving.
- NOTE: As with any dairy-based soup, do not allow to boil, or it will separate.
- This soup tastes even better if made the day before serving, to allow flavors to develop.
NotesThis is my adaptation of a delicious soup offered at a small Italian restaurant in Bradford, VT.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More