- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- - 4 Cod fillets (I used frozen from costco)
- - 1 can of diced Tomato, 14.5 oz., drained (you could use 2 fresh diced tomatoes as well)
- - 1 chopped White Onion
- - 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- - 1 teaspoon Oregano
- - 1 teaspoon Thyme
- - 2 tablespoons Parsley
- - 1 teaspoon Salt
- - 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- - 1/2 teaspoon Garlic (or 1 fresh clove chopped)
- - 1 Bay Leaf
- - 2-3 tablespoons plain Tomato Sauce
- - 1/2 cup White Wine
- Sautee drained tomato and onion over medium-high heat with olive oil until onions turn translucent. Add garlic, oregano, thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper and let simmer for another 2 minutes. Add white wine, plain tomato sauce, and bay leaf, stir to combine. Add cod fillets, making sure to cover them in the tomato mixture. Let simmer for 15 minutes, to let the wine reduce and until fork inserts into fish easily. Happy eating!
- Cooking Tips: If you have any of the aforementioned ingredients fresh at hand, feel free to use them. Fresh ingredients make a world of difference! But if you only have dry/canned/frozen ingredients, they will suffice. If you use fresh cod, the cooking time will be shorter, so keep an eye on it!
NotesCame up with this one on a whim...turned out better than I thought!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More