SIESTA ROAST N' BEANS
- 3-4 lbs roast (I use chuck)
- 2-3 cups uncooked pinto beans (I use 3)
- 1 cup diced tomato (could use rotel tomatoes)
- 1 cup chopped canned green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 medium diced onion
- salt and black pepper, to your taste
Place roast in crockpot and pour beans on top of roast.
pour tomatoes, sauce and chilies on top of beans.
place diced onions on top.
Add enough water to cover all and salt& pepper.
put on the lid and cook in crockpot at least 7-8hrs, until roast is tender and beans done.
I never stir it during the cooking time.
Note: this may be cooked in the oven at 250 degrees for 12 hrs.
Perfect to cook overnite!
Also, I soak the beans overnite or several hours before cooking in cold water.