- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3-4 lbs roast (I use chuck)
- 2-3 cups uncooked pinto beans (I use 3)
- 1 cup diced tomato (could use rotel tomatoes)
- 1 cup chopped canned green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 medium diced onion
- salt and black pepper, to your taste
- Place roast in crockpot and pour beans on top of roast.
- pour tomatoes, sauce and chilies on top of beans.
- place diced onions on top.
- Add enough water to cover all and salt& pepper.
- put on the lid and cook in crockpot at least 7-8hrs, until roast is tender and beans done.
- I never stir it during the cooking time.
- Note: this may be cooked in the oven at 250 degrees for 12 hrs.
- Perfect to cook overnite!
- Also, I soak the beans overnite or several hours before cooking in cold water.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Carrot cupcakes or muffensSee More