- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 & 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 & 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup Lifeway Organic Whole Milk Plain Kefir
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 - 9" pie shell or 5-6 - 4" tart shells
- Let all of the ingredients come to room temperature. Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, fefir and vanilla.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl, and stir into egg mixture. Whisk until combined. Slowly add the melted chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Pour into pie crust or tart shells. Bake at 325 for about 30 min, until top is crackled and custard jiggles slightly.
- Serve warm or cold with vanilla whipped cream.
- Tip: If mixture "curdles" slightly after adding the chocolate it just means that the mix was too cold for the chocolate to blend in. Just place the mixing bowl into a bath of warm water and whisk until it comes together.
NotesThe perfect dessert for a special occasion, or just when your sweet tooth is clamoring for attention. I like using organic plain kefir as a substitute for milk for a flavorful twist.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More