SILVANA NARDONE AND EASY EATS MAGAZINE'S GLUTEN FREE PEANUT BUTTER GLAZED CHOCOLATE DOUGHNUTS
- Cooking Time: 18
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 12
BackstoryI got this recipe from Silvana Nardone of Silvana's Kitchen and the editor-in-chief of Easy Eats Magazine.
This was Recipe #33 - the final recipe in the "Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid" event.
These doughnuts are rich and DELICIOUS. I had never made doughnuts before, and Scott and I had SO much fun! Silvana will be featuring these babies in the May/June issue of Easy Eats magazine. How lucky are we that we get to sample them first?! Do not miss making these doughnuts, they are INCREDIBLE. Once you taste them you will be fighting your way to Silvana's Kitchen for more!
For more information about these doughnuts, check out the May/June issue of Easy Eats Magazine.
To learn more about Silvana Nardone, check out Silvana's Kitchen.
Purchase a copy of her fabulous book, Cooking for Isaiah.
- for the doughnuts:
- 1½ cups Silvana’s Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour Blend from Silvana's website
- 1½ cups boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp Celtic sea salt
- for the glaze:
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup vegan buttery spread
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- 1 cup salted roasted peanuts, chopped, for sprinkling
- To make the doughnuts:
- Preheat the oven to 180 / 350º.
- Grease two nonstick 6-doughnut baking pans with cooking spray.
- In your stand mixer, whisk together the cocoa powder and boiling water; let cool completely.
- Then whisk in the eggs, oil and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour blend, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Slowly combine the wet and dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fill the prepared pans with about ¼ cup batter in each doughnut mold.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean – about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the glaze:
- In a small saucepan, melt together the peanut butter, butter, confectioners’ sugar and rice syrup over medium heat, stirring until smooth.
- Dip the doughnuts into the glaze and top with crushed peanuts. YUMMO!