- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large Granny Smith (green) apples
- 150g Marshmallows
- 200g of sour cream
- Lemon juice (a small amount to cover apple to prevent enzymatic browning)
- Chop marshmallows into small pieces (no larger than 1/2 inch or 1cm in diameter). Alternatively you can use mini mallows - like those used in cake decorating and ice creams. Place into a glass or ceramic bowl.
- Wash, peel and core the apples
- Finely grate the apples into the bowl of marshmallow.
- Squirt a small amount of lemon juice (approx. 1 tsp), over the apple and mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Spoon in sour cream and mix again.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate for about an hour before serving.
NotesThis is a quick and dirty version of Apple Salad that I stumbled across at a friends engagement party.
It differs from a traditional Apple Salad or Apple Marshmallow salad as it does not contain raisins (dried fruit) or nuts. I liked this because many of my friends don't like either dried fruit or nuts.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
50 Shades of Taste
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More