- Cooking Time: 10- 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
BackstoryI got this from the Diabetes Self Managemet website.
- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces beef tenderloin or filet mignon, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen, mixed, stir-fry blend vegetables, thawed
- 3 tablespoons lite teriyaki sauce (58% less sodium)
- Coat a large, nonstick skillet with cooking spray and warm over medium heat. Add meat and cook, stirring frequently, until browned (about 4–5 minutes). Increase heat to high. Stir in vegetables and teriyaki sauce. Cook until meat is heated through and vegetables are crisp-tender (approximately 4–6 minutes); stir frequently. Serve alone or over brown rice, pasta, or baked potato.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: approximately 10–15 minutes
- Per Serving:
- Calories: 123
- Carbohydrate: 6 g
- Protein: 18 g
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated fat: 1 g
- Sodium: 283 mg
- Fiber: 1 g
- Exchanges per serving: 1 nonstarchy vegetable, 2 1/2 very lean meat
- Carbohydrate choices: 1/2
- This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.