- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 shallots, peeled and minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1-1/2 cups chicken stock, homemade or low-sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or 2 teaspoons minced fresh
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place butter and olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the shallots and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the wine, brandy, stock, and thyme and bring to a boil. Cook until liquid has been reduced by 50 percent.
- Add cornstarch to 1/3 cup water and stir until dissolved and smooth. Whisk cornstarch mixture into boiling stock.
- Simmer until thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More