- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 shallots, peeled and minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1-1/2 cups chicken stock, homemade or low-sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or 2 teaspoons minced fresh
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place butter and olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the shallots and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the wine, brandy, stock, and thyme and bring to a boil. Cook until liquid has been reduced by 50 percent.
- Add cornstarch to 1/3 cup water and stir until dissolved and smooth. Whisk cornstarch mixture into boiling stock.
- Simmer until thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More