- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 shallots, peeled and minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1-1/2 cups chicken stock, homemade or low-sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or 2 teaspoons minced fresh
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place butter and olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the shallots and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the wine, brandy, stock, and thyme and bring to a boil. Cook until liquid has been reduced by 50 percent.
- Add cornstarch to 1/3 cup water and stir until dissolved and smooth. Whisk cornstarch mixture into boiling stock.
- Simmer until thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.