- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 shallots, peeled and minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1-1/2 cups chicken stock, homemade or low-sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or 2 teaspoons minced fresh
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place 2 T. butter and olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the shallots and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the wine, brandy, stock, and thyme and bring to a boil. Cook until liquid has been reduced by 50 percent.
- Add cornstarch to 2 T.of water and stir until dissolved and smooth. Whisk cornstarch mixture into boiling stock.
- Simmer until thickened. Stir in remaining 3 T. butter. Allow to melt in.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More