SIMPLE CARROT SLAW
Simple Carrot Slaw
- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10
- 3-5 carrots
- 1 large apple (red skin looks best in this dish)
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup organic raisins
- 1/2 Tbs cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- squeeze of lime
- optional additions: Sea salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, powdered ginger, cilantro, or your other favorite flavors
- *A simple slaw: shred carrots, apple, and spinach. Toss with organic raisins and drizzle with a light dressing of cold-pressed extra virgil olive oil or squeezed citrus. Season as desired! (whatever floats your boat).
1. Prepare the carrots by cleaning and cutting of the top and tip. Peel if you like, or just wash well.
2. Core the apple. It's better to leave the skin on for extra nutrients, but you can peel it if you prefer.
3. Use shredder disc of a food processor to shred the carrots, apple, and even the spinach. Or you can finely slice all by hand.
4. You can adjust the amounts of any ingredient to your personal taste.
5. Stir together in large bowl and drizzle with oil and lime juice.
6. Add additional seasoning as desired.
7. Can enjoy immediately, or cover and chill to let flavors blend.