- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10
- 3-5 carrots
- 1 large apple (red skin looks best in this dish)
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup organic raisins
- 1/2 Tbs cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- squeeze of lime
- optional additions: Sea salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, powdered ginger, cilantro, or your other favorite flavors
- *A simple slaw: shred carrots, apple, and spinach. Toss with organic raisins and drizzle with a light dressing of cold-pressed extra virgil olive oil or squeezed citrus. Season as desired! (whatever floats your boat).
- 1. Prepare the carrots by cleaning and cutting of the top and tip. Peel if you like, or just wash well.
- 2. Core the apple. It's better to leave the skin on for extra nutrients, but you can peel it if you prefer.
- 3. Use shredder disc of a food processor to shred the carrots, apple, and even the spinach. Or you can finely slice all by hand.
- 4. You can adjust the amounts of any ingredient to your personal taste.
- 5. Stir together in large bowl and drizzle with oil and lime juice.
- 6. Add additional seasoning as desired.
- 7. Can enjoy immediately, or cover and chill to let flavors blend.
NotesBright and colorful and filled with health! Rich in vitamins A and C, along with iron and antioxidants. It's a great little side dish for any meal! A food processor with a shred disk can make this in minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More