- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese (1 3/4 cup)
- 2 1/2 ounces parmesan cheese (1 1/4 cup) -- grated
- 1/2 cup basil -- minced
- 1 large egg -- lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper -- ground
- 6 cups tomato sauce
- 12 no boil lasagne noodles (8-9 oz package)
- 1 pound whole milk mozzarella cheese
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 375 degrees. Mix the ricotta, 1 cup of the parmesan, the basil, egg, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce over the bottom of a 9x13" baking dish. Place 3 of the noodles on top of the sauce and drop 3 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture down the center of each noodle, then spread it to an even thickness. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup of the mozzarella. Spoon 1 1/2 cups of the sauce evenly over the cheese. Repeat this layering two more times.
- For the final layer, place the 3 remaining noodles on top. Spread the remaining 1 1/4 cups sauce over the noodles. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup mozzarella and then the remaining 1/4 cup parmesan. Spray a large sheet of foil lightly with vegetable oil spray and cover the lasagna. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake until the cheese is browned and the sauce is bubbling, about 25 mintues longer. Let cool for 10 mintues before serving.
NotesThis is a pretty easy lasagna from America's Test Kitchen email newsletter.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More