- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese (1 3/4 cup)
- 2 1/2 ounces parmesan cheese (1 1/4 cup) -- grated
- 1/2 cup basil -- minced
- 1 large egg -- lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper -- ground
- 6 cups tomato sauce
- 12 no boil lasagne noodles (8-9 oz package)
- 1 pound whole milk mozzarella cheese
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 375 degrees. Mix the ricotta, 1 cup of the parmesan, the basil, egg, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce over the bottom of a 9x13" baking dish. Place 3 of the noodles on top of the sauce and drop 3 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture down the center of each noodle, then spread it to an even thickness. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup of the mozzarella. Spoon 1 1/2 cups of the sauce evenly over the cheese. Repeat this layering two more times.
- For the final layer, place the 3 remaining noodles on top. Spread the remaining 1 1/4 cups sauce over the noodles. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup mozzarella and then the remaining 1/4 cup parmesan. Spray a large sheet of foil lightly with vegetable oil spray and cover the lasagna. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake until the cheese is browned and the sauce is bubbling, about 25 mintues longer. Let cool for 10 mintues before serving.
NotesThis is a pretty easy lasagna from America's Test Kitchen email newsletter.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Recipes for Vitality
Adventures in CookingSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More