- Cooking Time: 120
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 1 12 Ounce Package Petite Carrots
- 4 Celery Ribs, chopped
- 1 Vidalia Onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, chopped
- 1 Package Cooked Egg Noodles
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Place chicken in a large pot and cover with water. Add salt and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook on med-high for 2 hours. Or until done.
- Remove chicken from pot. Remove chicken from bones and shred. Strain chicken broth to make sure no bones or bay leaf are left. Return chicken to pot and add all veggies and garlic. Season with your favorite seasonings. Cook until veggies are tender.
- Add egg noodles and serve!
NotesPerfect for a Winter Day! I cook this about once a week because it's cheap to make and it makes enough to feed my small army!
NOTE: You can add egg noodles with veggies - I don't know why I dont. I just never have. It saves a pan! You can also add potatoes, mushrooms or green beans to this!
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More