- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 1 cup chopped onion
- * 3 cloves garlic
- * 4 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- * 2 (10 ounce) cans minced clams, drained with juice reserved - Sometimes I use more for a better clam flavor
- * 1 quart half-and-half cream (I use 1/2 half and half and 1/2 milk)
- * 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- * 3/4 cup butter, melted
- * 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- I use a lot of different seasonings. S&P, Parsley etc.. Adjust to your liking :)
- In a pan saute onion and garlic.
- In a large pot, combine potatoes, celery, salt, pepper, seasonings, onion and garlic and juice from clams.
- Add just enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in half-and-half and sugar.
- Combine melted butter and flour, then whisk into soup.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Stir in clams and adjust seasonings.
NotesIt doesn't get easier than this. It also doesn't get any better!
I was raised in Seattle where we love our Clam Chowder. You can get in anywhere. Then I moved to St. Louis where is they don't offer it in every restaurant. It's seems so rare. So I had to find a simple easy recipe to make it at home!