- Cooking Time: 20-25
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- Heat oven to 400.
- Spray 9 inch square baking pan with non stick spray.
- (Or use a 12 inch cast iron skillet)
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls.
- When oven is preheated, combine the wet and dry ingredients together, just to combine, don't over mix.
- Spread evenly in pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- For the glaze.
- Microwave 2 Tbsp of butter and 3 Tbsp of honey till the butter is melted. Stir it and cover the finished corn bread with it using a pastry brush.
- I usually cut the corn bread into squares first so the glaze can run down the sides of the bread a bit.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Get Fit With Good Food!
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More