- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 1-4
- Preparation Time: 2 hrs 40 min
- 2 pkg yeast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of coarse salt
- 3 cups lukewarm water
- 6 1/2 cups flour + additional for dusting
- Mix yeast & water in large bowl.
- Add salt and flour until flour is absorbed.
- Dough will be very soft.
- Cover and let rise at room temperature until well doubled (2-5 hours)
- Punch down & cut off a piece the size of a grapefruit (You can make 1-4 loaves now, or save covered in refrigerator up to 2 weeks & bake later)
- When ready to bake, turn dough on a floured surface until rounded and smooth.
- Heat oven to 450°. Place large pan on floor of oven with 1-2 cups of water in it.
- Place dough on lightly greased sheet or loaf pan. Let rise 40 minutes if fresh, 1 hour if it has been refrigerated.
- Make 2-3 slashes or a cross on top of loaf with serrated knife.
- Bake until well browned, about 30 minutes.
- Cool before cutting.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More