- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 piece pre-rolled, frozen puff pastry
- pie filling of choice (apple, cherry, blueberry, strawberry)
- 1 1/3 c. cream
- 1 small box jello instant pudding, vanilla flavor
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
- 2. Bake the puff pastry for about 10-15 minutes until well puffed and golden.
- Place on wire rack to cool.
- 3. Pour cream into a small bowl, sprinkle 1/2 packet of pudding mix in, whisking quickly with a fork or whisk.
- This mixture will thicken quickly upon standing and can be used straight away, or refrigerated if required later.
- 4. Use a sharp serrated knife to split the pastry in half horizontally.
- 5. Using a knife or spatula, spread half the cream mixture evenly onto the “bottom” half of the pastry, then add layer of fruit of choice. Then I like to add the rest of the cream to sandwich the mixture together with the pastry “lid”.
- 6. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Just before serving, dust with icing sugar.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
The One Dollar CookbookSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More