Simple Fruit and Cream Strudel
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 piece pre-rolled, frozen puff pastry
pie filling of choice (apple, cherry, blueberry, strawberry)
1 1/3 c. cream
1 small box jello instant pudding, vanilla flavor
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. Bake the puff pastry for about 10-15 minutes until well puffed and golden.
Place on wire rack to cool.
3. Pour cream into a small bowl, sprinkle 1/2 packet of pudding mix in, whisking quickly with a fork or whisk.
This mixture will thicken quickly upon standing and can be used straight away, or refrigerated if required later.
4. Use a sharp serrated knife to split the pastry in half horizontally.
5. Using a knife or spatula, spread half the cream mixture evenly onto the “bottom” half of the pastry, then add layer of fruit of choice. Then I like to add the rest of the cream to sandwich the mixture together with the pastry “lid”.
6. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Just before serving, dust with icing sugar.