- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 piece pre-rolled, frozen puff pastry
- pie filling of choice (apple, cherry, blueberry, strawberry)
- 1 1/3 c. cream
- 1 small box jello instant pudding, vanilla flavor
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
- 2. Bake the puff pastry for about 10-15 minutes until well puffed and golden.
- Place on wire rack to cool.
- 3. Pour cream into a small bowl, sprinkle 1/2 packet of pudding mix in, whisking quickly with a fork or whisk.
- This mixture will thicken quickly upon standing and can be used straight away, or refrigerated if required later.
- 4. Use a sharp serrated knife to split the pastry in half horizontally.
- 5. Using a knife or spatula, spread half the cream mixture evenly onto the “bottom” half of the pastry, then add layer of fruit of choice. Then I like to add the rest of the cream to sandwich the mixture together with the pastry “lid”.
- 6. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Just before serving, dust with icing sugar.
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More