- Cooking Time: 90
- Servings: 32
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 c. butter
- 2 c. white sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. finely chopped pecans
- In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the butter, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring until the butter is melted. Allow to come to a boil, and cook until the mixture becomes a dark amber color, and the temperature has reached 285 degrees F (use a candy thermometer). Stir occasionally.
- While the toffee is cooking, cover a large baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- As soon as the toffee reaches the proper temperature, pour it out onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the chocolate over the top, and let it set for a minute or two to soften. Spread the chocolate into a thin even layer once it is melted. Sprinkle the nuts over the chocolate, and press in slightly. Putting a plastic glove on your hand will minimize the mess.
- Place the toffee in the refrigerator to chill until set. Break into pieces, and store in an airtight container.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More