- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup Uncooked rice
- 1 cup water
- 2 oz Raisins
- 2 cup Milk
- 4 oz Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 oz Butter
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cook rice.
- Scald milk.
- Add rice, sugar, raisins, and salt to the milk.
- Beat eggs slightly, add in some of the hot milk to temper the eggs. Then add all of the eggs to the hot milk mixture.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour in a greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and small pieces of butter.
- Bake for one hour or until custard has fully developed.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
The Naked Macaron
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More